Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Lilia Begins to Write The Birman Chronicles


Hi! My name is Lilia. I'm a Birman cat. I live with my sister, Azalea, and my human family on a barrier island where it is warm and I can go fishing in my backyard fountain most of the year. My eyes are blue, if you haven't noticed. And my paws are white. My coloring is called "lilac-lynx" because my points (ears etc.) are very light and I have striped markings on my face. Not at all like my sister's coloring, but I'll let her speak for herself later.
It's almost 2010 so I thought it would be a great time to get with the program and begin a blog. This is my first blog posting and I didn't know just where to begin. After giving it much thought, I decided the natural and most appropriate thing was to begin with talking about myself. I've heard it said that Birmans make the purrfect pets. It's true. Very definitely true. Not just neat and tidy, but quiet and well-behaved. That's me. Generally fun to be around. And did I say energetic? You should see me jump from the top of my cat tree and bound to the porch with scarcely touching down in the living room on the way. I'll get my human Mom to take a picture of that to post sometime. For now, just imagine a plump white furball literally catapulting through the air past all the humans watching TV on the sofa.
Well, that's all the good stuff. Next time I'll reveal my one or two minor character flaws, or, as I prefer to think of them, personality quirks. And maybe I'll add a Haiku or two.
Bye.